Every summer, I try to revamp or clean-up this blog. For this summer, it was more about clean-up. There are still some loose ends to be polished up, but briefly, here’s what changed:
1/ The “Haystack” Name: For some reason, I named my site “Haywire,” and that name permeated through Mailchimp, throughout my site, and for other places on the web which syndicate what I write. It rightfully created confusion, all the way to the point where people thought that was the fund name or that I worked for Haywire. It was a stupid idea on my part, and now that’s fixed. Sorry about the confusion.
2/ Top Navigation Bar: I removed “Discussions” because it was never used, replaced “Haystack” with “Portfolio,” and added a Table of Contents along side the Archive, which is reverse-chronological. I hope to add some interesting tabs to the navigation bar over my career.
3/ WP-Engine Hosting: I moved over to WPE. Still not easy to manage, but this site is all I have, so I want to make sure I retain full control over it.
4/ Formatting Miscellany: I increased the font size, added more sharing buttons at the bottom of each post, tried to improve my short and long bio, did some jujitsu to get around ad-blockers (even though I don’t have ads, they still mess up some social icons).
5/ Removing Comments: It’s an end of an era for me. Comments on the web are done. I may add FB Comments Plug-in in the future, but not holding my breath. I love the Disqus product and team (have many friends there), but comments on my site died a slow death and it was time to rip the cord.